2.22.2010

monday morning music : he's gone.

Good morning! Did you all have a lovely weekend? Portland was unusually spring-like, with clear skies and a whole lot of sunshine. I happily enjoyed a picnic in a park, ate the most delicious crepes of my life (if you visit or live in town, you must have one at The Press Club), and spent plenty of time with my old camera. Quite a fabulous weekend, I must say.

If I haven't mentioned it before, I am rather obsessed with girl groups from the 60's. The harmonies, love-gone-wrong lyrics, and dreamy sound... I can listen to them for hours. I saw The Vivian Girls recently (one of my new favorite bands), and they did a gorgeous cover of the song "He's Gone" by The Chantels. I was going to post the cover, but I found this performance of The Chantels when they were older and it is too beautiful not to share. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...